Thursday, February 5, 2015

New Year, New Me (Taiwan 3)

I absolutely loved being in Taiwan for New Years. The great thing about that country is they really don't like to drink to the point of getting drunk, if they even drink at all. So it was a very sober New Years out in the streets which made me feel so safe. The other thing I loved was the feeling of community and respect for those around you. Even though there were thousands of people in the streets waiting for the fireworks and scrambling to get on the metro, they still were all very kind and cordial to each other. It was a refreshing change from the city life I feel in the U.S. Maybe there is something to this idea of karma they believe in after all. Hmm. Anyways, Taiwan shoots fireworks out of Taipei 101 which is amazing looking. After the fireworks were over, I wandered the streets for a while watching the various street performers and concerts going on around the area. It was a great place for people watching and I felt a spirit of newness coming into my life as well. I've set some new goals and had already started working on them prior to the new year beginning so I know they will be part of my life this year. I really think 2015 is going to be a great year for me and I loved that I was able to spend it in Taiwan.











No comments:

Post a Comment