Friday, December 20, 2013

NSO POP Stars

I went to two incredibly amazing shows at the Kennedy Center this passed month. Both were guest performers accompanied by the National Symphony Orchestra. I absolutely love hearing fabulous voices accompanied by a full Amazing orchestra. It is sweet music to my ears.

The first show was to hear Matthew Morrison affectionately known as Will on Glee. This guy loves to show off his dance moves when he performs and has good vibrations. He sang many classic Broadway hit songs that have inspired him through his life. My favorite was his West Side Story Medley. This was my friend Melinda Keefe's first time going to a show at the Kennedy Center and I'm glad I was able to be apart of her first experience here.

The second show was I think my favorite show this year. It was also my favorite Christmas show I have ever attended. My roommate Annalisa inspired me to join her for an evening with Brian Stokes Mitchell. I had only heard him sing Through Heaven's Eyes from the Prince of Egypt which is a great song so I figured why not go. I'm so glad I did because it really was a show full of magic. Brian Stokes Mitchell has one of the sexiest baritone voices your ears will ever encounter. He is a very animated performer when he sings. I loved his rendition of The Grinch and the Beasts Carol. This was the show of shows to get you in the Christmas Spirit. I can still feel the joy and magic of this show. I especially loved the sing along at the end where the entire audience was singing Christmas carols about Christ. It made me all warm inside to sing out loud in the Kennedy Center Concert Hall.

I'm so grateful for great musical talents in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment