Saturday, December 14, 2013

A soldiers rest

I love going to Arlington cemetery every year during the Christmas season. It is an amazing and humbling site to behold.  Stones lined up in regimental line marking the resting place of a soldier who fought for our countries freedom.

This year I had a mission to make sure I went to visit the Mihalo's sons grave a lay a wreath for his mother.  I never knew Andrew but I loved his parents who I knew very well in the ward growing up. He was tragically killed last year while serving in the special forces.  I cannot imagine what it is like to lose a son but knowing that his parents live so far away I wanted to do something for them.

I am so grateful to men, women, and the families of those who serve our country and am so glad that I can visit Arlington Cemetery to remind me of the great gifts of life that are given by our service men.

No comments:

Post a Comment