Friday, December 20, 2013

Oktoberfest

Fall, I love the fall. I love the autumn leaves, smells, weather, and tastes. There is so much good food to be eaten in the fall. Fall is a time to make great soups. I also love spending time with my friends. Put all of those things together and what do you have? A great party theme. I've always wanted to do an Oktoberfest. Why should people who drink have all the fun right? I made three fall inspired soups: Pumpkin (thanks to the fabulous Diana Smith for the recipe), a Tomato salsa soup, and my favorite Cheddar Broccoli soup (you know I love you very much when I am willing to share this soup).
 
But what Oktoberfest would be complete without Rootbeer? I drove all over town to find as many different varieties of RootBeer I could find. The Australia Beer was interesting to say the least. I'm not sure which one was the favorite of the group. Next year we will have to do take a poll as I think this will need to become an annual event.
Thanks to all who came to the party and for the tasty treats you brought to share as well. Happy Fall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment