Sunday, September 2, 2012

Girl Power Rocks!

I love Kelly Clarkson. Whenever I need a pick me up with some major girl power in it I pull out my Kelly Clarkson music. With songs like Miss Independent, Breakaway, Stronger, My Life Would Suck Without You, Darkside, I mean my goodness, I get all powered up inside. So I was pretty excited when I found out she was going to be performing with the Fray at the Jiffy Lube Stadium. The strong girl inside of me just leaps out and has to dance and sing with her. Thank goodness I was able to find someone to go with me.

I am not ashamed to admit that I was on my feet the entire time with my arms waving in the air, singing along to some of my favorite songs with Kelly. I love how she is a real woman who has curves and is comfortable with who she is in her own skin. Plus she has an amazing vocal range.

She performed songs from every one of her albums including some that were not her songs. For example, I love that she performed Scrubs by TLC. Classic girl power song.

I also loved that she performed a duet with the lead from the Fray. Melts my heart.

Yes I may have lost my voice by the end of the night but I loved every minute of the concert and was so sad it had to end. Rock on Kelly. All the more power to you.




I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly
I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
And I'll make a wish, Take a chance
Make a change, And breakaway.
Out of the darkness and into the sun
But I won't forget all the ones that I loved
I'll take a risk, Take a chance
Make a change, And breakaway.


 What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stand a little taller. Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone. 

Everybody's got a darkside, can you love me? Can you love mine?



But Since U Been Gone
I can breathe for the first time
I'm so moving on
Yeah, yeah
Thanks to you
Now I get
What I want
Since U Been Gone


If I can't have you then I don't want anyone, If I can't have you then all the damage has been done.
I will not make, The same mistakes that you did
I will not let myself, 'Cause my heart so much misery

I will not break... I've learned the hard way
To never let it get that far

Because of you, I never stray too far from the sidewalk. Because of you, I learned to play on the safe side, So I don't get hurt

Because of you, I find it hard to trust
Not only me, but everyone around me
Because of you, I am afraid.

Some people wait a lifetime for a moment like this.


 Here I am, once again
I'm torn into pieces
Can't deny it, can't pretend
Just thought you were the one
Broken up, deep inside
But you won't get to see the tears I cry
Behind these hazel eyes



No comments:

Post a Comment