Thursday, January 12, 2012

I Often Go Walking in Cemetery's

I really like going walking in cemeteries, especially old ones. There is something so calming and peaceful about cemeteries that I really like. Mostly they give me time to reflect. There is a huge cemetery next to my house that I often stroll through to get my daily exercise. This cemetery in particular is very unique. They have different sections for different religious beliefs. There is a Hindu section, a Buddhist section, a Hispanic section, a Jewish section and many others. There is a memorial section to the 9/11 attack. There is a section for infants. There is even a section for pets. Amidst all these different sections there are some amazing tombstones, sculptures and memorials. It's very unique in how this is all laid out and makes for a lovely walk.

Now I don't really feel sad when I go to these cemeteries. More I am reminded of the lives these people lived and the life they are now living with their Heavenly Father. I feel so blessed to have a knowledge of the Plan of Salvation which truly brings happiness to each of us no matter who you are. While many people in this cemetery did not have the same beliefs in this life, they are now in a place where they can learn of these true principles and I know they are calling out and waiting in anticipation to have their saving ordinances done for them. That is the real tragedy in cemeteries. Not the lives that are lost to death but the lives that were not filled with the fulness of the gospel.

Life is so special which I am reminded of when I see a tombstone. The life we live is valued amongst the Lord and amongst those who are left behind. The next life is something we have to look forward to and while I most certainly am not ready to meet my Heavenly Father yet in the next life, I do look forward to the day when I will be received in His arms and be able to enter His kingdom.

So my advice, go sit and ponder in cemeteries more often. The spirit will teach you of things to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment