Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Do you hear the people sing Lea Salonga?

I have loved the voice of Eponine played by Lea Salonga in the 10th anniversary Les Miserable concert since I was a little girl. I grew up listening to that version all the time.its probably why Les Miserable is one of my top five favorite musicals ( don't ask what the other four are, I couldn't narrow it down that far). So when a tribute concert to Mitchell and Schumberg with the symphony orchestra in DC featuring Lea Salonga I had to attend. I was not disappointed. Hearing her sing On My Own love with a full symphony is enough to send chills up your spine. There were other musical tributes as well: Miss Saigon, the Pirate Queen, and Les Revolution. But my favorite was Les Miserable. They did so many of my favorite songs including I Dreamer A Dream, Stars, Master of the House and In My Life/A Heart Full of Love. So amazing! It was fun to have the actual writers in attendance as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment