Friday, February 14, 2014

Relief Society Capitol Tour

One of the great things about living so close to our nations capital is being able to organize cultural outings. Being on the Relief Society Activities Committee means coming up with things to do to help the sisters in our ward get together and enrich our lives. Thanks to Camille and Natalie for giving us our own private tour of the Capitol. It's been a while since I've been able to go and see this great architectural building that our Legislative Government resides in. I kept thinking if walls could talk these walls would have some amazing stories to share. Think of all the great debates that were held here. The legislative decisions made that changed the framework of our country. It truly is amazing when you think about it of all the great men and women who have walked these halls.
 
I think that when you are surrounded by such great things all the time you start to become desensitized to the marvels that they are. How many people walk these halls every day and don't look at the detail in the floors, walls and ceilings. the quotes on the walls that remind us of this countries great minds. 
 
The lesson I took away from this day was to not get so caught up in what I'm do everyday that I forget to look around at where I am and enjoy the beauty that is around me. I shouldn't take for granted the fact that I live so close to these great buildings that they become routine and lose their great significance.
   


No comments:

Post a Comment