Sunday, December 16, 2012

Carnival Conquest of the Carribbean

I finally took a real vacation this year. And what a vacation it was. I went on my first cruise with my cousins Lieza, Amy and her husband John, Rodney, his girlfriend Sherri and three boys James, Alex and Nick. I haven't really been able to spend time with my cousins before so it was great to be able to get away for a week and spend time with them. 

The trip first started with a night in New Orleans. I was so excited to be able to go back to the place of my birth for the the first time. I actually really liked New Orleans and would love to go back. The people were very friendly there and I loved the culture of the area. We traveled down Bourbon Street for Dinner on Saturday night were I had some amazing gumbo. Sunday morning we walked around the French Quarter and at beignets at Cafe Du Monde. They were Amazing!!!!!!! I loved the French Quarter. Its kind of like Old Town Alexandria. The St. Louis Cathedral was beautiful. I really wish I could have spent more time in New Orleans but we had a boat to catch. 

So the highlights of the trip are first the food. I ate so much amazing food on the trip. Cruises really do live up to the expectations of food. The boat decor itself was amazing. The rooms were named after impressionist artists. All the walls, tables, embellishments highlighted the works of the Monet, Manet, Degas, etc. It was beautiful. 

We spent four days at sea enjoying the pools, art auctions (yes I bought some art), outdoor movies, games, and shows the boat had to offer. I even took some time to sit in the sauna overlooking the water. There is something so peaceful about lying around naked looking at the ocean. We really got into playing Nertz and spent the last day at sea playing cards. We enjoyed all of the comedy shows and musical shows the ship had to offer.



Our dining staff. They sing and dance too!

Every night there was a towel animal waiting on our beds.


 Our ports of destination were Jamaica, Grand Cayman Island and Cozumel Mexico. In Jamaica we took a tour around the island, hiked up a waterfall, and ate an authentic Jamaican meal that was tasty. In the Grand Cayman we walked the streets enjoying the many shopping venues available to us. They really like their diamonds there. In Cozumel we took a taxi to a coral beach to enjoy the sun and ocean air. There were gigantic fish that came to swim with us. 

I'm so glad I was able to spend some time with my cousins and the relaxation was well needed.







No comments:

Post a Comment