Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Weight Wars Challenge Celebation

For the past 8 weeks I have been leading a weight wars challenge with some of the women at church. It was an idea I had to help us stick to our New Years resolutins of eating healtheir and staying/getting into shape. Everyone had their own goals for participating. There was a $10 buy in to compete and the winner who lost the most percentage wise would win the pot. We had 16 women sign up to compete to so the prize came to $160. Not bad at all. That helps in getting a new wardrobe.

For me it was not as successful as I would have liked in terms of weight lost, but it did help me to be more conscious of what I'm eating and to keep my fridge and pantry full of healthier choice food. I also started taking yoga courses which was fun. They helped to stretch me out and build confidence.

I was very proud of all the women that competed. I know that they worked hard on their goals. At the end of the 8 weeks I had a gathering for everyone to come and congratulate each other on a successful first round. It was requested that I start another one to help in getting ready for the beach this summer. So round 2 will commence starting next Friday.

You better believe I'm using this time off to splurge a little on my eating. But healthy habits have been formed and I hope they continue to be formed as I go through this process again. It's not about losing the weight, but creating a healthy lifestyle. And I have to say I feel pretty good.

Some fun quotes I found about fitness:
"I'm not losing weight, I'm getting rid of it, I have no intention of finding it."
"If you wait for perfect conditions, you'll never get anything done."
"It took more than a day to put it on. It will take more than a day to take it off. Move."
"Sweat like a pig to look like a fox."
"You can feel sore tomorrow, or you can feel sorry tomorrow. You choose."
"You don't always get what you wish for, you get what you work for."
"Do not reward yourself with food, your not a dog."

I have taken two goblets and filled one with the number of pebbles that represent the number of pounds I want to get rid of. Every week when I weigh in I move pebbles from one goblet to the other to show how much I have lost and how much I still need to lose. Slow and steady will win out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment