Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cherry Blossoms

I looked out the window and what did I see? Popcorn popping on the cherry blossom trees. Spring has brought me such a nice surprise. Cherry Blossoms popping right before my eyes. I could take an armful and make a treat. A popcorn ball that smell so sweet. It really is so, and it seems to me. Blossoms blooming on the Cherry Blossom trees.

I love living in DC in the spring. Walking around the tidal basin with the cherry blossoms in their peak bloom is unbelievably gorgeous.  One of my favorite things to do in DC is walk around the tidal basin. The water, creates a calm relaxing environment. in the distance you see the backdrop of our nations Capitol, with the Washington Monument as its main focal point. Add to that the cherry blossom trees in full bloom reflected in the water and you have a magical place that I could only imagine Claude Monet depicting the scene in a beautiful mural just like the water lilies.

 My absolute favorite place along the tidal basin is walking along the path in front of the FDR memorial. The view of Thomas Jefferson, the Washington Memorial, and the city take my breathe away every time. I feel like I have been transported to a magical place where dreams come true. I feel the peace and love of my Heavenly Father for me every time I visit. 


I am at peace and loved here. I have been so blessed to be able to come on this walk with so many friends. I have been blessed to share this with many friends in the area. Fond memories strolling through the blossoms, picnics, staged proposals, tours, good friends and good times.


I feel so blessed by the Lord to have these opportunities to live here and be able to witness this magnificent beauty. 




No comments:

Post a Comment