Monday, March 26, 2012

Addams Family the Musical

I have to admit I was a little skeptical at the idea of taking a story like the Addams Family and turning it into a broadway musical. I had grown up with the idea that broadway shows were composed of classical, memorable songs that swept you off your feet. How could a story like the Addams Family compare classics like Les Miserable, The Phantom of the Opera, Aida, Hairspray?

Well I have to say, I have never laughed so much in a musical before. I couldn't believe the whit and humor that this show portrayed. Gomez was a hysterical romantic that kept me laughing with his charm and wit.

The plot follows Wednesday Addams who has fallen in love and doesn't know how to tell her mother. She confides in her father who must keep it a secret from her mother until after a family dinner with her significant others parents. Through a series of events, including interventions from the Ancestors thanks to Uncle Festor, everyone is in for a creepy, unconventional, hilarious ride. I was on the edge of my seat with laughter, and awe at the sets as the story unfolded.

I would definitely recommend this show to anyone who wants a good laugh with some memorable characters from your past.

No comments:

Post a Comment