Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Day Full of Love

So it's Valentine's Day. But this day really doesn't (and had never) really been a big day of celebration for me. I have never had a real valentine in which someone takes me out for a nice dinner or anything mushy like that. Thank goodness this year I didn't have to sit with a carton of ice cream by myself. It was Kellie's birthday today so I decided to through a Loving Birthday party for her. I made a fabulous Olive Garden inspired dinner. The menu included Olive Garden's fabulous salad and dressing, breadsticks, asparagus, chicken fettucini alfredo, and chocolate covered strawberries. Yum! The food was amazing if I do say so myself.

I can think of no better way to celebrate a day of love than by helping someone else feel loved and supported on their birthday. I love giving service and cooking for people so this was truly a lovely way to spend a loving day.

No comments:

Post a Comment