So my dear roommates organized a little party for me. My friends gathered at Cafe Rio for some amazing dinner. I understand the craving for it now. It was so sweet of everyone to come. I always so touched by the well wishes and kind gestures of people. I don't expect people to take the time to go out of their way for me so when friends do such kind gestures it really does mean so much to me. I mean I'm starting to tear up just thinking about all the love I was shown today. Seriously, Thank you friends. Your the best for taking your evening to spend with me.
After dinner we went back to my place for cake and ice cream. Jenny Elle made me a gingerbread cheesecake which was absolutely delicious. I made a wish this year but I can't tell it otherwise it won't come true. (And no it wasn't what my friends think it was for. I've wished on that enough).
My roommate Michelle surprised me this morning with a beautiful bouquet of white roses and a mug of Les Miserables. The card was a princess card. She sure does know what I like.
Again, thank you to all my friends for coming out and celebrating with me. I truly was touched by your kindness. As I turn another year older I ponder the goals that I want to make for myself in the coming year. I will need to make a list of the 27 things I want to do while 27. Here goes:
- Disney World
- Harry Potter World
- Study the life of Christ through books and scripture study. Keep notes in a journal.
- Go to the Postal Museum
- Go to the Hirshorn Museum.
- Go to the National Cathedral for mass.
- Compete in weight wars (not telling my weight loss goal).
- Attend the temple twice a month
- Go to Palmyra for the Hill Cumorah Pageant
- Visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Antietam Illumination
- Learn to play For Good on the piano flawlessly.
- Crochet a baby blanket
- Get pictures in my travel frames
- Learn a new recipe a month
- Take the Night at the Museum walking tour.
- Walk the Falls Church historic walking tour
- Picnic at Fort Washington
- Picnic at Great Falls National Park
- Play Volleyball more
- Keep up on my blog
- Stay more politically involved
- Save up for a big trip (Jerusalem is the goal is peace can prevail)
- Do my visiting teaching every month before the end of the month
- Learn a song in sign language
- Finish my LDS DC tour