Friday, November 18, 2011

Falling for Autumn

I don't think I can say enough about how much I love Fall. My senses are overwhelmed by the season. Between the beauty of the earth, the aura's that enfold you, the tastes that excite you and the coziness of sweaters and scarves I can't get enough of this season. Here is a list of my favorite things about Fall.

  1. The leaves. I love the colors of the leaves. The vibrant reds, yellows, oranges, purples, and browns are astounding. Raking up a huge pile of leaves and jumping in it creates all kids of childhood delight and the aroma of the leaves is amazing. My favorite trees are the ones that look like caramel apples (they are green underneath and red on the top).
  2. The mums. While not my favorite flower when I was younger, I have come to appreciate the full blossoms of mums and the rich colors they add to the yard.
  3. Pumpkin everything! I mean really, you can eat them and smell them. Favorite thing to make is pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. Pumpkins cookies are also up there along with pumpkin pie. And let's not forget the scent of punpkin. Glade makes a great pumpkin spray and candle to keep the house smell punpkinly fresh. And let's face it, who doesn't enjoy carving into a pumpkin and gutting the seeds to make a delicious snack while creating a carving masterpiece?
  4. Apples. Much like pumpkins apples are a great treat to enjoy this time of year. I love caramel apples in all their creative dippings and toppings. The smell of apples is such a joy.
  5. Wardrobe change. Time to pull out those soft cashmere scarves that you picked up in NYC for $5. They are the greatest accessories to any outfit and so nice to cuddle up in to keep you warm. and with so many ways to wear a sweater you never have to wear the same look twice. Sweaters are pulled out of storage to keep you nice and warm and fully fashionable. And what better way to slim up your legs than to wear boots which have also become a great fashion statement.
  6. Soup Nazi! I love making soup and fall is the perfect time of year to make a warm put of some of my favorite soup recipes. Chili, cheddar broccoli, ham potato, corn chowder ah the list goes on and I love it all!
  7. Hot Chocolate is in! It is totally acceptable to order a cup of peppermint hot chocolate from Starbuck's to help warm you up. And if you know me at all you know how much I like peppermint and chocolate.

1 comment:

  1. You're one amazing girl, Kara. Fall is amazing. My favorite season. I miss you a lot! I'm glad you did start a blog. I don't feel like I have anything interesting either . . but just started one anyway. You do DO amazing stuff! Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete