Sunday, July 28, 2013

From Cumorah's Hill

I was so excited to be able to come up to the Hill Cumorah Pageant. I have been meaning to come to this pageant for a couple of years but was never able to make the trip. This year I was so excited to be able to come.

Megan Arnett and I were able to obtain excellent front row lawn seats. It was a perfect view of the magnificent stage that was very reminiscent of my travels to Central America. While sitting on the lawn one of the performers came up to speak to us. He told us that he was playing the role of 3rd Nephi.  Hat was pretty cool to meet him. He came back over and introduced us to his two sons but he introduced them as he great ancestors Nephi the 1st and Alma the Older. These were three of the key players in the pageant.  How fun to meet them and feel their testimonies of the Gospel as they were portraying these amazing prophets of old.

The pageant was great.  I enjoyed seeing how they portrayed iconic Book of Mormon stories.  The staging is quite impressive, almost. Broadway style in nature. 

I was able to reflect on my testimony of the Book of Mormon as I watched the pageant.  I know that the Book of Mormon is a true book and the messages, stories, and doctrine contained in it are true. I was especially moved at the end of the performance where Christ is standing on top of the hill in glory with the words of the second coming playing overhead.  I had chills come through me and I knew that the spirit was bearing witness to me if the truth of this church.

No comments:

Post a Comment