Friday, November 25, 2011

Day of Thanks

After 15 hours in a car I finally made it to Missouri to spend Thanksgiving with my family. Time with the family enjoying long time holiday traditions is the best way to start off a holiday season. All the cousins joined us as well so there was a house full of kids and teenagers. A wild game of Apples to Apples was played while we waited for the turkey to finish cooking. According to my wins, I am sensitive and shy.

So how much food can I stuff on my plate? There was plenty of room for turkey, mashed potatoes, funeral potatoes, stuffing, corn, green beans, Rolls, and all the pies you can eat. Oh how I love to indulge in the great foods of Thanksgiving. But with all the adults in the house, I was seated at the under 30 table. You know there was more fun there anyway.

Of course, after plates are emptied and our bellies are full it's time to shop. All the women head out to Michael's to get our craft on and then it's off to participate in the rush of shopping at WalMart. I get such a rush being around so many people and all the excitement of getting that great deal in my cart before there all gone. This is the time of the year when I restock my movie collection. I think this year was a success with almost 40 new movie purchases. That should be more than enough to get us home.

All in all a great day was spent with the girls shopping and the family eating. I love being home and knowing that some things never really change.

No comments:

Post a Comment